This is the perfect summer side dish or pot luck pick! It is bright and full of nutrients and flavor. It is so quick to make and only dirties one pot and a cutting board.
It can be served hot or cold, so it’s perfect for a picnic or a dinner at home. To make this a complete meal, just add protein! You could add chicken into the pasta, but I like to serve it on the side of some grilled chicken or fish. For a vegetarian meal, just swap the regular pasta for a high protein pasta such as Banza chickpea pasta.
You can make this even simpler by using store bought Greek dressing, but I always have these ingredients on hand so it only takes and extra minute to whip up my own!
Such an easy way to get your veggies! Give this one a try and let me know what you think.
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 lb pasta of choice (I used farfalle)
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 15 oz can olives, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 handfuls spinach
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all dressing ingredients. Can place in jar and shake vigorously to mix or whisk in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and add all other ingredients, including the dressing, to the warm pasta. Stir to combine.