Everyone loves BBQ chicken and everyone loves easy.
This is a great recipe to throw together as a simple appetizer or as the main dish with a nice big salad.
How do you make a flatbread easy? You use tortilla as the crust! Simple, cheap and you’ll have leftover tortillas to make wraps or burritos with.
You can also prep all of the ingredients ahead of time so this one will just take 10 minutes to throw together.
Ok, so what do you need?
First, you need shredded chicken. I prefer to make mine in the Instant Pot ahead of time but you could also use a rotisserie chicken. I throw a little BBQ sauce in with my chicken to give it a little extra BBQ flavor.
You also need flour tortillas. I went with 6″. I prefer smaller flatbreads (you can make as many as you want) because they hold up a little better. If you used a large burrito size tortilla, it would probably get too heavy in the middle for the tortilla to hold up.
For the BBQ sauce, you can use your favorite store-bought or homemade. I use Sweet Baby Ray’s.
After that, you just need red onion and cheese. Pre-shredded mozzarella works just fine and will save you time.
Assemble it all on a greased baking sheet and you are ready to go in 10 minutes! I serve mine with ranch dressing because- well, duh. But that’s totally optional.
Give it a try and throw in any ingredients you want on your pizza! Have a little extra bacon from breakfast or spinach? Throw it on!
Easy BBQ Chicken Tortilla Flatbread
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 6 flour tortillas (6")
- 6 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing optional, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease two baking sheets with the avocado oil.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet. Top with 1-2 tbsp BBQ sauce on each, leaving a small rim on the outside of the tortilla without sauce on it.
- Assemble flatbreads with desired amount of each remaining ingredient. Distribute chicken evenly, then top with red onion and cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until crispy and brown on the edges.
- Cut each flatbread into 4 pieces and serve with ranch dipping sauce.